If you made a list of modern-day entrepreneurs who are successful at both business and connecting with customers, one thing is clear across all of the names on the list—authenticity is key. From Steve Jobs to Elon Musk, many of the greatest innovators of our time are not only passionate visionaries, but also compelling in how they share their dreams and ideas with the world.
What Makes a Brand or Person Authentic?
A recent study aimed to pinpoint what consumers associate with brand authenticity. What correlates with an “authentic” brand?
- Fulfilling promises
- Offering high-quality services or products
- Great customer service
- Dedication to protecting client data and privacy
- Being genuine
Authenticity Helps You Stand Out
In today’s world, we are more connected than ever before, and it’s incredibly easy to get caught up in the herd and feel pressured to mimic what others are doing. However, copying others almost never works out for your business. If you can focus on what makes you different, you will stand out from the pack and attract consumers, employees and projects that are a fit for you, not another business.
Build More Authentic Relationships
It’s almost impossible to carve out a successful career and business in a vacuum. Everyone needs fans and mentors in their corner to expand reach and cheer them on. That can only happen when you build positive, authentic relationships with others. Authenticity is key to creating bonds with other businesses and working together to mutually benefit each other. When you’re human, trustworthy and approachable, good things will happen.
How Can You Be More Authentic?
- Think about what 3 words would describe your business, and then ask clients, friends and other outsiders what 3 words they would choose. Is there a difference between the words? What could you do to bridge the gap?
- When going to networking events, focus more on relating to people on a personal level and not merely making as many connections as possible. A single high-quality connection is worth far more than a dozen low-quality connections.
- Use social media to showcase your authenticity and your brand. There’s a fine line between over-sharing and opening up, so be careful not to misuse social media. However, platforms are a free and simple way to share who you are with the world.
Authenticity Is Key
My Admin Co understands how hard it is to juggle running a small business while playing receptionist. That’s why we offer convenient and affordable administrative services, including answering service. To learn more about our services and take administrative tasks off of your plate, visit us online or call us today at (410) 324-3934.